This section contains registrar details as well as information about the Company’s AGM, dividend policy and payment dates, and other information relating to ITV plc shares.
All administrative enquiries relating to shareholdings and requests to receive corporate documents should, in the first instance, be directed to:
Capita Asset Services,The Registry, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4TU.
They can be contacted by telephone on +44 (0) 371 664 0445. Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. Lines are open between 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.
Alternatively you can email them at: email@example.com
Shareholders who receive duplicate sets of Company mailings because they have multiple accounts should write to Capita to have the accounts amalgamated.
By logging on to www.capitashareportal.com shareholders can benefit from a number of online services as follows:
- Elect to receive shareholder communication electronically;
- Update your address or register a bank mandate instruction to have dividends paid directly to your bank account;
- View your holding balance, indicative share price and valuation;
- View transactions on your holding and dividend payments you have received;
- Access a wide range of shareholder information including downloadable forms;
- Cast your proxy vote online.
You will need your investor code (IVC) which can be found on your share certificate(s) to register to use the Shareholder Portal.
Dividends, if declared, will be paid twice yearly on 1 June and 1 December.
In normal circumstances, Shareholders will receive a single consolidated tax voucher each year, in time for the tax year end, containing details of dividends paid in that tax year. If you would prefer to receive a tax voucher for each dividend payment please contact Capita Asset Services.
If you would like to reinvest your cash dividends by purchasing further ITV shares the Dividend Reinvestment Plan Terms and Conditions are available upon request via the Capita Helpline on 0871 664 0381 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras, lines are open 09.00 to 17.30, Monday to Friday - overseas +44 20 8639 3402) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.myitvshares.com.
This section contains general information relating to share dealing services, share price information and information about unauthorised brokers and identity theft.
Capita Share Dealing Services
The Company’s shares can be traded through most banks, building societies and stockbrokers. Additionally, Capita Asset Services offer online and telephone dealing for UK resident shareholders through Capita IRG Trustees Limited. For further information on this service, or to buy and sell shares, please contact:
0871 664 0364 from the UK (telephone dealing - calls cost 10p per minute plus network charges) or 1 890 946 375 from Ireland. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Full terms and conditions apply and are available on request or by visiting www.capitadeal.com.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell shares. The price of shares can go down as well as up, and you are not guaranteed to get back the amount that you originally invested.
Capita IRG Trustees Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
ShareGift is a charity share donation scheme for shareholders who may wish to dispose of a small quantity of shares where the market value makes it uneconomic to sell on a commission basis. The scheme is administered by the Orr Mackintosh Foundation and further information can be obtained by contacting them:
020 7930 3737
The Company is legally obliged to make its register of members available to the public. As a consequence of this some shareholders might receive unsolicited mail. Shareholders wishing to limit the amount of such mail should write to the Mailing Preference Service (”MPS”):
FREEPOST 29 LON20771
Alternatively you can register online or request an application form by telephone or by email. MPS will then notify the bodies that support its service that you do not wish to receive unsolicited mail.
0845 703 4599
Unauthorised brokers (Boiler Room Scams)
Shareholders are advised to be very wary of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount or offers of free company reports. These are typically from overseas based “brokers” who target UK shareholders offering to sell them what often turn out to be worthless or high risk shares in US or UK investments. These operations are commonly known as boiler rooms.
If you receive any unsolicited investment advice:
Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation.
Check that they are properly authorised by the Financial Services Register before getting involved by visiting www.fca.org.uk/.
Report the matter to the FCA either by calling their consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768 or visiting www.fca.org.uk/scams.
If the calls persist, hang up.
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Details of any sharedealing facilities that the Company endorses will only be included in company mailings.
Keep in mind that it is very unlikely that an authorised firm that you have no relationship with would contact you out of the blue offering to buy or sell shares or offer other investment opportunities.
Tips for protecting your ITV plc shares:
- Ensure all your certificates are kept in a safe place or hold your shares electronically in CREST via a nominee.
- Keep all correspondence from Capita in a safe place, or destroy correspondence by shredding.
- If you change address inform Capita in writing or via the Shareholder Portal. If you receive a letter from Capita regarding a change of address but have not recently moved please contact them immediately.
- Consider having your dividend paid directly into your bank. This will reduce the risk of the cheque being intercepted or lost in the post.
- If you change your bank account, inform Capita of the details of your new account. You can do this via post or online using the Shareholder Portal. Respond to any letters the registrar sends you about this.
- If you are buying or selling shares only deal with brokers registered in your country of residence or the UK